Thursday, October 27, 2011

I've had a ball reading some of the blogs by others in the class and learning more about them and their activities. I've commented on blog posts by Alice, Merryn, Charlotte and Hannah.


This is honestly a very short posting because I've said what I wanted to say in the other blogs and I don't really want to end up flogging a dead horse.


My wonderful resources are as follows


Arendt, Hannah. (1958). The human condition. Chicago: Chicago University Press. (not quoted but I enjoyed reading)


Beeching, A. (2010) Beyond talent: Creating a successful career in music. 2Ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press


Hargreaves, D.J., Macdonald, R. & Miell, D. (2005). Musical communication. Oxford University Press: UK




Hopkins, H.L., & Smith, H.D. (1983). Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy. In Crepeau E. (2003). Analyzing occupation and activity: A way of thinking about occupational performance. In Crepeau, E., Cohn, E., & Schell, B. (Eds.),Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy (10th ed., pp.189-198). Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins


The Power of Music - I do not have a reference but here is a link to view it online...


Verbal communication/quotes from people


“Soothing the soul so you can become fit to be a human being.” – Mary Butler personal communications 2011 (I told you I would quote you on it and here you are...)


"Music should strike from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of women" - Ludwig van Beethoven


"Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

No comments:

Post a Comment